Wow updating setup files
I copied the urls I found in the logs ( I think there is only one).I accepted then deleted the whole file located in Program Data, restarted the installation and it worked. I copied the urls I found in the logs ( I think there is only one).I have recently been demanded to return to World of Warcraft, to take part in a reform of my old guild, so I am trying to reinstall World of Warcraft.I have downloaded the installer with no problems and run it as administrator, however it simply hangs at "Checking for updates..." as per below; I have left this installer for a period of time and it has not timed out, it simply just sits there doing nothing.When you find an addon you like, just click “Install” and the Client will begin downloading the files for you!Because the Curse Client allows this method to be so simple, all you need to do after clicking "Install" is wait for your download to be complete.While I was investigating a similar issue for Diablo 3 (which got several steps further than this issue), I have already completely cleaned the World of Warcraft agent from my machine, and rebooted multiple times in an attempt to get this installation process to progress.
After leaving the installer for ~30 minutes, it finally brings up an error stating it could not run the Blizzard agent; This gives me an error code - BLZPTS00007 - which gives me a few more google hits including a seemingly official guide on how to troubleshoot agent issues on Battle.net, however performing the steps listed under 'Advanced Troubleshooting' still hasn't resolved my problem. This guide will cover both methods, including how to use only the Curse Client to get what you need! There are two methods a player can use: The simplest, which is using our Curse Client to install them for you, and the hardest, which is manually downloading and installing them yourself.I spent six hours trying to download battlenet but this fixed it in 30 seconds. PS: I don't think resetting the whole pc was neccesary. I pasted it into chrome and my antivirus had it blocked and asked me if I trusted that page.The logs aren't massive so you can't miss the urls. I was using Bitdefender as my antivirus and it was causing me a lot of problems. So I switched to Norton and the problem stopped working. I accepted then deleted the whole file located in Program Data, restarted the installation and it worked.